“TSMC i-Charity” is an interactive online platform launched in 2014 for employees to proactively take part in philanthropic activities and give back to society. The intranet opens a channel for TSMC employees to propose caring projects, share results, suggest new ideas and participate in philanthropic events directly and in a timely manner.
In 2016 6,826 attendees participated in the following projects, as over NT$12 million in contributions were received:
- Light up the Tribe with Love-Construction for Hualien Xiu-Lin “Little Sun” School
- Caring for Disadvantaged Children- Call for Hualien Volunteer
- TSMC Bookcase- Caring for Disadvantaged Children with Knowledge and Love
- Tai Tung St. Mary Hospital Reconstruction
- School Building, Repairing and Construction for Tainan Hsin-Sheng Elementary School
- Jun-Yi Academy Platform
- Teach for Taiwan
- School Building Repair Construction for National Taitung Jr. College
- Build up the Dreams with Love- Yuan-Dong Junior High School
- Healthy program for west Taiwan - Early lung cancer detection with Low-Dose Computed Tomography
With this interactive platform, TSMC hopes to maintain its commitment to society and encourage employees to join in efforts to care for and give back to society in all ways.