Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – February 14, 2012 –The TSMC (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a NT$3.0 cash dividend per common share. The proposal will be discussed and decided at the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled for the morning of June 12, 2012.
TSMC’s Spokesperson and Senior Vice President, Ms. Lora Ho, said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2011 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated revenue totaled NT$427.08 billion and net income was NT$134.2 billion, with earnings per share of NT$5.18.
2. Proposed the distribution of a cash dividend of NT$3.0 per common share and submitted the proposal for approval by the 2012 AGM. The Board of Directors also approved distribution of employees’ cash bonus and profit sharing totaling approximately NT$17,980.05 million. This includes cash bonus of NT$8,990.03 million distributed following each quarter of 2011 and profit sharing of NT$8,990.03 million to be distributed following the 2012 AGM.
3. Approved capital appropriations of US1,395.49 million for expanding and upgrading advanced technology capacity, and for 12-inch wafer fabs and equipment.
4. Approved R&D capital appropriations of US$239.60 million.
5. Approved the convening of the 2012 AGM for 9:00 a.m. on June 12, 2012 at TSMC’s Fab 12, Phase 1 headquarters (8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan), at which shareholders will hold an election for TSMC’s nine-member Board of Directors, including five independent directors.