Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., February 9, 2010 – TSMC’s (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a NT$3.0 cash dividend per common share. The proposal will be discussed and decided at the Company’s annual shareholders' meeting scheduled for June 15, 2010.
TSMC’s Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Ms. Lora Ho, said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2009 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated revenue for 2009 totaled NT$295.74 billion and net income was NT$89.22 billion, with earnings per share of NT$3.44
2. Approved a proposal for distribution of a cash dividend of NT$3.0 per common share. The Board of Directors also approved distribution of employees’ cash bonus and profit sharing totaling NT$13.38 billion, including a NT$6.69 billion cash bonus to be distributed in February 2010 and a NT$6.69 billion cash profit sharing to be distributed after the 2010 annual shareholders’ meeting.
3. Approved an issuance of 2,044,283 new TSMC common shares as a result of employees exercising their stock options and set February 18, 2010, as the record date for the capital increase.
4. Approved 2010 R&D and sustaining capital appropriations of NT$16.84 billion for the purpose of research and development, fab operations, industrial safety and environmental protection, and administration.
5. Approved capital appropriations totaling NT$71.58 billion for expansion of advanced technology manufacturing processes in Fab 12 and Fab 14.
6. Approved amendments to TSMC’s Articles of Incorporation expanding the company’s business scope to encompass solid-state lighting and solar power.
7. Approved scheduling of the 2010 annual Shareholders’ Meeting for 9:00 a.m. on June 15, 2010 at TSMC’s Fab 12 (8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan).