Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – Nov. 12, 2019 – TSMC (NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved a NT$2.5 per share cash dividend for the third quarter of 2019, and set March 25, 2020 as the record date for common stock shareholders entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution, and the ex-dividend date for the common shares shall be March 19, 2020. As required by Article 165 of Taiwan’s Company Law, the shareholders' register shall be closed for five days prior to the record date (March 21 through March 25, 2020) for registration transfer, and the dividend will be paid on April 16, 2020.
In addition, the ex-dividend date for TSMC American Depositary Shares (ADSs) will be March 19, 2020. The record date for TSMC ADSs entitled to participate in this cash dividend distribution will be March 20, 2020.
2. Approved capital appropriations of approximately US$6,618.4 million for purposes including: 1) Fab construction, and installation of fab facility systems; 2) Installation of advanced technology capacity, and upgrade of advanced packaging capacity; 3) Installation of specialty technology capacity; 4) first quarter 2020 R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
3. Approved capital appropriation of approximately US$106.1 million for capitalized leased assets in the first half of 2020.
4. Approved an investment to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary in Japan to expand our design service center for providing engineering services support to customers.
5. Approved the appointment of Ms. Mingli Weng as controller of TSMC, effective November 13, 2019.