Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – November 13, 2012 – TSMC (NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved capital appropriations totaling approximately US$2.975 billion for the purpose of expanding advanced process capacity, construction of 12-inch GigaFabstm, and installation of facilities systems.
2. Approved R&D capital appropriations and 2013 sustaining capital appropriations totaling approximately US$209.5 million.
3. Approved the issuance of no more than NT$45 billion (approximately US$1.53 billion) in unsecured corporate bonds in Taiwan to finance TSMC’s capacity expansion.
4. Approved the subscription of NT$1.24 billion (approximately US$42.28 million) in new shares to be issued by TSMC Solid State Lighting Ltd. in 2013.
5. Approved the subscription of NT$636 million (approximately US$21.63 million) in new shares to be issued by TSMC Solar Ltd. in 2013.