Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – February 5, 2013 – The TSMC (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a NT$3.0 cash dividend per common share. The proposal is scheduled to be discussed and decided at the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on the morning of June 11, 2013.
TSMC’s Spokesperson and Senior Vice President, Ms. Lora Ho, said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2012 Business Report and Financial Statements. Consolidated net revenue totaled NT$506.25 billion and net income was NT$166.16 billion, with earnings per share of NT$6.41.
2. Proposed the distribution of a cash dividend of NT$3.0 per common share and submitted the proposal for approval by the 2013 AGM. The Board of Directors also approved distribution of employees’ cash bonus and profit sharing totaling approximately NT$22,230.48 million. This includes cash bonus of NT$11,115.24 million distributed following each quarter of 2012 and profit sharing of NT$11,115.24 million to be distributed following the 2013 AGM.
3. Approved capital appropriations of US$2714.76 million for expanding and upgrading advanced technology capacity as well as for public utility infrastructure installation and environmental impact assessment at TSMC’s site in Chunan, Taiwan.
4. Approved R&D capital appropriations of US$103.60 million.
5. Approved the provision of a loan guarantee to wholly-owned subsidiary TSMC Global for its issuance of U.S. dollar-denominated senior unsecured corporate bonds for an amount not to exceed US$1.5 billion.
6. Approved the convening of the 2013 AGM for 9:00 a.m. on June 11, 2013 at TSMC’s Fab 12, Phase 1 headquarters (No. 8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan).