Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C., February 19, 2008 – TSMC’s (NYSE: TSM) Board of Directors today adopted a proposal recommending distribution of NT$3.0 cash dividend per common share and 0.5 percent stock dividend (5 shares for every 1,000 owned). The proposal will be discussed and brought to a vote at the Company’s regular shareholders' meeting scheduled for June 13, 2008.
TSMC’s Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Ms. Lora Ho said that at its meeting today the Board of Directors:
1. Approved the 2007 Business Report and Financial Statements. Revenue for 2007 totaled NT$322,630 million and net income was NT$109,177 million, with earnings per share of NT$4.14.
2. Approved a proposal for distribution of 2007 profits and capitalization of capital surplus:
(1) Cash dividend of NT$3.0 per share and 0.2% stock dividend will be proposed to common shareholders. In addition, the board will propose another 0.3% share issuance from capitalization of capital surplus. Combined, common shareholders will be entitled to a 0.5% stock distribution, or 5 shares for every 1,000 held.
(2) Employee profit sharing will be distributed in both stock and cash. Profit sharing will amount to approximately 393.99 million new shares and NT$3,939.9 million cash.
3. Approved the cancellation of 800 million treasury shares purchased from the open market as well as reduction of capital stock by NT$8,000 million, and set February 27, 2008 as the record date for said capital reduction.
4. Approved capital appropriation of US$400 million (approximately NT$12,800 million) to increase twelve-inch wafer capacity at 45nm processes in Fab 12.
5. Appointed Y.P. Chin and Dr. N.S. Tsai as Vice Presidents of TSMC.
6. Approved scheduling of the 2008 Regular Shareholders’ Meeting for 9:30 a.m. on June 13, 2008 at the Auditorium in Fab 12, TSMC (8, Li-Hsin Rd. 6, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu, Taiwan).
After the distribution and capitalization of capital surplus as well as cancellation of repurchased shares, TSMC’s current capital stock of NT$264.3 billion will be approximately NT$261.5 billion.