Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Ltd. (TSMC or the “Company”) (NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, at which the Board adopted a proposal recommending distribution of a dividend of NT$2.5 per common share, including a stock dividend of NT$0.5 per share (5% stock dividend) and a cash dividend of NT$2.0 per share. The proposal will be discussed and brought to a vote at the Company’s regular shareholders' meeting scheduled for May 10, 2005.
TSMC Spokesperson and Vice President Ms. Lora Ho noted that, at its meeting, the Board of Directors also:
1. Approved the 2004 Business Report and Financial Statements. Revenue for 2004 totaled NT$255.9 billion and net income was NT$92.3 billion, with earnings per share of NT$3.97.
2. Approved a proposal for distribution of 2004 profits :
(1) A dividend of NT$2.5 per share will be proposed to the common shareholders, including a stock dividend of NT$0.5 per share (5% stock dividend) and a cash dividend of NT$2.0 per share.
(2) Employees’ profit sharing will be distributed in both stock and cash. Profit sharing will amount to NT$3,086 million distributed in stock at par value and NT$3,086 million distributed in cash.
(3) After the distribution, the Company’s total shares outstanding will increase to about 24.7 billion.
3. Approved the 2005 R&D Projects and Sustaining Capital Appropriation of NT$4,739 million.
4. Approved a capital appropriation in the amount of US$709 million for expanding Fab 14’s capacity of 0.11um and 90nm processes.
5. Approved scheduling of the 2005 Regular Shareholders’ Meeting for 9:30 a.m. on May 10, 2005 at the Auditorium in the Activity Center of the Hsinchu Science Park.
6. Approved the appointment of Mr. Jason Chen as Vice President.