Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – August 9, 2011 –TSMC (NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved adjustments to the amounts of the respective business values to be transferred to TSMC Solar Ltd. and TSMC Solid State Lighting Ltd., based on the authorization granted at the Shareholders’ Meeting of June 9, 2011. The value of the solar business to be transferred to TSMC Solar Ltd. is determined to be NT$11.18 billion and the value of the solid state lighting business to be transferred to TSMC Solid State Lighting Ltd. is determined to be NT$2.27 billion.
2. Approved the issuance of an unsecured straight corporate bond in the domestic market for an amount not exceeding NT$35 billion to secure long-term, low fixed-cost funding.
3. Approved the promotion of Senior Director of R&D Platform I Division Dr. Y.J. Mii as Vice President of R&D.
4. Approved the promotion of Senior Director of Design and Technology Platform Dr. Cliff Hou as Vice President of Design and Technology Platform.
5. Approved the appointments of Dr. Stan Shih, Sir Peter Leahy Bonfield, Mr. Thomas J. Engibous, Mr. Gregory C. Chow and Ms. Kok-choo Chen as members of the compensation committee.