Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. – Nov. 13, 2018 –TSMC (NYSE: TSM) today held a meeting of the Board of Directors, which passed the following resolutions:
1. Approved capital appropriations of approximately US$3,364.40 million for purposes including: 1) Construction of fab facilities; 2) Installation, expansion, and upgrade of advanced technology capacity; 3) Upgrade of specialty technology capacity; 4) Conversion of logic capacity to specialty technology capacity; 5) First quarter 2019 R&D capital investments and sustaining capital expenditures.
2. Approved capital appropriation of approximately US$17,320,000 for capitalized leased assets in the first half of 2019.
3. Approved the appointment of Mr. Moshe N. Gavrielov as a member of the Compensation Committee, effective November 13, 2018.
4. Approved the following personnel appointments:
● Promoted Vice President of Information Technology and Materials Management & Risk Management J.K. Lin to Senior Vice President.
● Promoted Operation Organization’s Vice President of Fab Operations J.K. Wang to Senior Vice President.
● Promoted Operation Organization’s Senior Director of Backend Technology and Service Division Dr. Marvin Liao to Vice President.