TSMC abides by local laws and regulations in all countries and regions where we operate, and upholds the human rights of workers, including regular, contract and temporary employees, and interns. We treat all workers with dignity and respect as understood by the international human rights standards such as The International Bill of Human Rights, The International Labour Organization's Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, and Ten Principles of the United Nations Global Compact. We also align our actions with the Responsible Business Alliance Code of Conduct.
The guiding principles for TSMC's Human Right Policy are as follows, and TSMC's Supplier Code of Conduct requires our suppliers to follow the same standards.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination and ensure equal employment opportunity
- Abolish child labor
- Eliminate forced labor
- Maintain a communication friendly environment and implement an open-style management system
- Support the physical and psychological well-being of employees, and the balance between work and personal life
- Review and assess relevant practices regularly