Wearables, smart homes, smart cities and industry 4.0 are driving wide range of applications fueling today's Internet of Things (IoT) market growth.
Fusion of IoT, AI & 5G will expedite the evolution of the connected devices to smart devices and unleash the power of data.
Fast growing IoT devices lead to exponential growth of data that will be processed through intelligent AI model to make devices smarter and enrich user experience. Combined with 5G infrastructure that enables massive M2M networking, low latency communication and fast connection, wide range of (AI+IoT) applications can be realized.
The increasing IoT applications also create scenarios that edge devices and sensors will be operated on batteries, where battery life may influence the usefulness and proliferation of AIoT devices. Innovative Ultra-low Power (ULP) technology is essential to extend battery life while supporting enhanced performance.
TSMC provides a comprehensive IoT Platform with ULP technologies to enable low-power and low-leakage applications that have been widely adopted by IC design houses & system companies.
TSMC IoT Platform's comprehensive ultra-low power offerings:
- Process technologies with proven manufacturing track record: 55nm ULP, 40nm ULP, 28nm ULP, 22nm ULP/ULL, and 12FFC+_ULL
- Low operating voltage (Vdd) technologies for extreme low power applications
- Specialty technologies including enhanced RF and Analog,Embedded Non-Volatile Memory, CMOS Image Sensor, and MEMS sensor
- Wafer Level System Integration (WLSI) including 3DIC
- Comprehensive IP ecosystem